The Embassy is headed by the Ambassador who is a representative of the president of the Republic of Malawi. Together with other diplomatic members of staff, the Ambassador conducts official business of the Government of the Malawi in Kuwait. The main duties and services of the Embassy are as follows:
- To facilitate and coordinate economic activities relating to trade, investment and tourism in Kuwait.
- To facilitate the mobilization of aid and technical assistance from Kuwait.
- To issue passports or other travel documents to Malawian nationals as well as to foreign nationals wishing to visit or reside in Malawi.
- To meet with nationals on matters affecting their social well-being. Make regular visits to communities where nationals reside to listen to their concerns and address these needs where possible.
- To assist nationals who have been arrested or incarcerated and make notification as required.
- To notarize/authenticate legal documents for Malawian nationals and companies doing business in Malawi.
- 2 application forms Visa Application Forms
- 2 Passport-size photos
- Onward ticket
- Valid Passport (at least six months before expiry date with enough un used pages)
- Copy of a letter from the applicant’s Organization or invitation letter.
- Copy of sponsor’s Residential Status in Malawi (i.e. Permit or Malawi Passport if Malawian).
Applications should be sent to the Consular section at the Embassy.
In most cases, applications will be processed in 5 working days. However, for nationals of India, Nigeria, Bangladesh, China, Burundi, Rwanda and Pakistan, applications may take up to 4 weeks.
Drop off time: 09:30 am to 12:30pm from Mondays to Thursdays.